MyTravaly's Hotelier Interview Series Hotel Nakshatra in Karimganj
“Business will definitely grow after the pandemic and I think we will get more customers as there's a pent-up demand for travel. We are expecting the most demand from youngsters,” shares, Sabyasachi Kar while expressing his views on business upliftment after pandemic."
Since pandemic has left its trail on everyone, the hotel industry is significantly affected. People have dealt with this challenge in their own ways and are trying to rise high. To get insights of how Mr. Sabyasachi Kar is dealing with the current scenario and his thoughts related to these challenges, MyTravaly decided to interview him.
1. As we are already in a scarcity of revenue due to pandemic and kind of hotel business is at a loss. So, how are you managing your business in the current scenario? Did you make a new plan?
The situation was a bit unpredictable from past year due to the pandemic. So we adapted to the new normal as soon as possible. We gave special emphasis on sanitization, providing online services for booking and cashless payment. Business is now picking up slowly.
2. What are the certain behavioural changes you have faced recently with the customers regarding hygiene issues because of the pandemic and how you are coping up with it?
There is not as much change in customer behaviour. It's just now they are more concerned about sanitization than before and we doing our best to satisfy customers’ new arising needs.
3. Who is your target audience and what are the initiatives you have taken to make that relationship grow strong?
Our target audience is mainly business customers. We give them exclusive offers and services for choosing us for their premium stay.
4. What are your views on the hotel business once this pandemic is over? Do you feel the business will go back to the way they were, or what are the changes you are expecting?
Business will definitely grow after the pandemic and I think we will get more customers as there's a pent-up demand for travel. We are expecting the most demand from youngsters.
5. Which time of the year you feel is best and worse for the business and why?
The month of October and March is the best time for business but after July when monsoon season comes that’s the worst time of the year for us.
6. How technology is helping you in this current scenario?
Technology like online advertisement proved itself to be a great help for us in this time of the year, we haven't tried many methods but we are exploring more and more.
Interviewed by Versa Rathore and Barsa Dash, PR Team, MyTravaly