Planning to Travel post the Lockdown ends? Here are the safety measure
The COVID-19 pandemic has not only hit the business industries. In fact, the crisis has a great impact on the hospitality and tourism industry.
The lockdown has vastly affected the Tourism industry across the borders. According to a report, 43.9% of the population prefers to stay indoors and take serious precautions as much as possible. However, 36.7% of people want to go to work even in such a hard situation to earn money.
With the restrictions getting related from 8th June and life coming back to normal gradually, one needs to think about the pros and cons of traveling under such circumstances. Let’s have a look at the pros and cons.
Is it safe to stay in hotels during COVID-19?
To protect yourself from coronavirus, it is essential to keep practicing social distancing. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, any person can suffer from the effect of the virus by touching an infected surface. Business travel or checking into any hotel can enhance the probability of coming in contact with the coronavirus.
Precautions to take for traveling post lockdown:
- Connect with the hotel in advance: Many hotels are working robustly to keep their businesses safer and to maintain appropriate social distancing. You can contact the hotel and see what precautions they are taking to keep you safe.
- Keep sanitizing your hands: Whether you are staying at home or hotel, practicing good hygiene is a must. You should avoid the share of towels even with your family members. It is beneficial to keep an alcohol-based sanitizer with you whenever you go outside.
- Avoid the buffet system: As a safety measure, avoid the buffet system while staying in the hotel. Traditional buffet service can indirectly force you to come in contact with infected people. Hence, room service is the best solution to keep yourself protected from the effect of coronavirus.
- Wipe down touched surfaces: Going to book a hotel for spending a weekend? That ultimately means that you are going in public places where the chances of germs and infections are high. Avoid touching surfaces like handles, doorknobs, or any other surface unnecessarily. From your germs to the bag, which you carry, germs can exist anywhere. That is why; sanitizing is crucial after touching any of the surfaces in the hotel.
- Maintain social distancing at hotel pools: Person-to-person contact is the major risk whether you are traveling through an airline or staying at a hotel. If you are at hotel pools or beaches, then you should seat by maintaining at least six feet of separation.
How can hotels create a safe environment for guests?
COVID-19 has impacted the travel startup companies to a great extent. Not only the employee but also the hotel guests have the right to know what precautions are taken by the hotel to maintain their safety. By following certain steps, the hotels can ensure a safe stay for their guests:
- Hand-washing stations and sanitizer dispensers should be placed at entrances. The employees can place sanitizers on lobby reception or entrance tables.
- Any of the guests showing the symptoms of the virus or any form of sickness shall return home. While at work, if any employee notices a guest or even coworker then they should contact the manager immediately.
- Many hotels are making it compulsory for their employees to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment). The hotel guests finding workers wearing PPE can ensure that they are staying in a safe place.
- Disinfecting and cleaning must get followed multiple times per day, which should include elevator buttons, handles, floors, and other surfaces.
- The hotels should encourage the use of certain technologies, which helps in reducing direct contact with customers.
Coronavirus has a tremendous impact on online travel startups. In such an unsafe situation, MyTravaly wishes the utmost safety for their customers and is taking the necessary steps with the hotels. It only wishes for the safety and wellbeing of its customers and hence is putting up efforts to maintain the hygiene standards with the hotels and resorts associated with it.
However, MyTravaly still wishes you to avoid traveling as much as possible and explore the closed community to travel from home.