Manali, amidst the hilly slopes, is a paradise for mountain lovers with spell-binding views, charming streams, the fairy-tale-like fog surrounding little hidden cottages, and a lingering scent of pines and freshness. Oh, and you can ride a yak or ride your bike up the famous Rohtang pass to Leh, the valley of the gods.
Manali suits the needs of every kind of travel mindset. A family looking for some bonding time, a couple for some peace and quiet, solo travelers for some solitude or a group of friends seeking an adventure.
Before we explore the itinerary, Let us get to know some basics about surroundings.
Average annual temperature: 4 °C -26 °C
Summer temperature — 10 °C — 26 °C
Winter temperature —15 °C to 12 °C
During Summer & Spring months — Summer Clothes + Essentials & for evenings light jacket or windcheaters
During winters —- heavy woolens, warmers
Plus trekking boots, sunscreen, a poncho, comfortable walking shoes & camera to freeze the memories.
There are a whole lot of things to do in and around Manali. Here’s your ULTIMATE Manali travel guide to the hippie town in Himachal.
Amazing Things to Do in Kullu Manali: Solang Valley
1. Go Paragliding: Watch the landscaped beauty of the valley and enjoy the thrill of sailing in the air.
Cost: A short fly will cost you ₹600 per person and a high fly will cost you between ₹1500 to ₹3000 per person. Go all out, we would say!
2. Try Rock Climbing and Rappelling: Climb the untamed mountains of Solang and get a taste of raw adventure.
Cost: ₹700 per person.
3. Go skiing: Embark on the ultimate Himalayan adventure down the slopes of Solang. A must-try of all the things to do in Kullu Manali.
Cost: ₹300 per person
Other Activities: Trekking, gondola rides, zorbing (₹350 per person), snow scooter (₹500 per person), amateur skiing (₹300 per person), and skating.
Best time to go: If you’re going for adventure activities like paragliding visit in the summer (May to July) but if you want to enjoy skating or skiing go in December.
Amazing Things to do in Manali
1. Drive Through the Rohtang Pass: Passing through wonderful views of the surrounding mountains, the drive will be the one you won’t forget. The pass is mostly closed in winter between October and May. Permits are required.
Cost of the permit: ₹500 per vehicle.
Activities: Mountain biking, snow scooter, sled ridge, ski ride, tire drop, and skiing.
Best time to visit: May to October
2. Go White-water Rafting in the Beas River: Feel the chilling glacial water hit against your skin as you wade your way through the scenic route of the river.
Cost: Basic rafting (₹500 to ₹1,000). The rafting packages start from around ₹2,000 and they include accommodation and meals for one night. (*Photo)
3. Spend some time at the Monasteries: Peek into the culture and also enjoy a day of serenity after the mad adventure. Popular monasteries are Gadhan Thekchoking Gompa, Himalayan Nyingamapa Gompa, and Manali Gompa. One of Kullu Manali Tourism’s most spiritually uplifting delights. (*Photo)
4. Visit the Hadimba Temple: The popular 15th-century temple is known for its architecture as well as the beautiful cedar forest that surrounds it.
Entry fee: Free entry
Timings: 8 am to 6 pm all days of the week
Visit Duration: 1 to 2 hours
Best Rated places to Eat in Manali
Best places to stay in Manali
For luxury: The Anantmaya Resort, Shivadya Resort & Spa, La Ri Sa Resort
For mid-range: The Orchard Greens, Amneu Beas Valley, Mountain Green Villa
For budget accommodations: Bhoomi Holiday Homes, Nihal Cottage, Hotel Mountain Inn
Best hotels: The Tranquil Inn, Urvashi’s Retreat, De Phoenix Eye
Best homestays: Sunface Homestay, The Dog on the Hill, Jukaso Mrikula Cottage
Now choose your stay according to your preference. From finding a place for your dream destination or a mere weekend getaway to business accommodations or brief stay, we have got you covered. Explore hotels as per your mood.
Support the causes that you care about & help an NGO to achieve their sustainable Goals.