Chikkamagaluru is home to many heritage sites like Angadi, Ballalarayana Durga, and Belavadi. It has lush green coffee plantations, waterfalls, a national park, and hill stations nearby. Therefore, it is one of the favorite places for solo trips and natural travel planners.
- Trekking: Kudremukh is the third-highest peak in Karnataka. Panoramic views of valleys and spellbinding scenes make the thrilling expedition of 6,207 feet worthwhile. Kudremukh is located 106 km from Chikkamagaluru.
- A walk in the lush green tea plantations: Karnataka is known as the coffee state of India. However, there are many tea plantations in Chikkamagaluru. Walking in the lush green tea garden or strolling in the coffee plantations are some of the best things to do here.
- Play golf: Golf lovers can enjoy an engaging session at the Chikkamagaluru Golf Club. There are several options for tourists to book homestays on this golf course and enjoy a variety of cuisines offered by the restaurants. It is located around 7 km from the main city.
- Enjoy offroad jeep rides: Enjoy a thrilling offroad jeep ride near the Madugundu Falls and Ballalarayana Durga. The scenic Western Ghat attracts and amazes nature and travel enthusiasts alike. Both these locations are around 10 km away from the main city.
- Visit coffee museum: The Coffee Museum of Chikkamagaluru is one of the best places to gather information about different types of coffee. It also explains the history of coffee and the process through which it is made. The museum opens at 10 am and closes at 5.30 pm with a one-hour break from 1 pm to 2 pm.
- Explore Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary: Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary is located just 79.3 km from Chikkamagaluru. It allows visitors to gaze at over 250 bird species and animals like leopards, tigers, elephants, etc.
- Experience the thrill of jet skiing: Tourists can experience the thrill of jet skiing at Yagachi Dam, located only 28 km from Chikkamagaluru. Boat riding, kayaking, and other diverse forms of water sports are also available in this dam.
- Relax at luxury homestay locations: It is not wise to book a hotel in Chikkamagaluru when tourists can enjoy luxury homestay options near coffee plantations. A backdrop of scenic hills and lush green vegetation can rejuvenate the mind and heal the spirit of the tourists.
- Visit the temples: One of the best things to do in Chikkamagaluru for devotees is to explore the nearby temples and take blessings from the deities. Some notable temples include the Hoysaleswara Temple, Horanadu Temple, and Sharadamba Temple.
- Experience camping: Tourists who want to experience camping prefer locations besides the Hemavathi river or at the Kyatanamakki hill slopes. Several other camping sites make Chikkamagaluru the perfect place for camping enthusiasts.
To explore these activities, tourists can book the perfect resorts in Chikkamagaluru. Other activities include kayaking, boat riding, visiting famous waterfalls, and more. Visit MyTravaly to get more insights on travel experiences, hotel options, and things to do in Chikkamagaluru. Get exciting deals and discounts on hotels, holiday homes, villas, and more on their official site!